Douglas M Nyr

Verified Reviewer

Pathetic customer service no branches to straighten things out at.

Updated by user Mar 08, 2024

Never again I would go to cash app and pay a fortune to get things done before they got another dime

Original review Mar 07, 2024
These people like to stick their nose into not only your banking but what you buy with your money (incidentally is not theirs) I cashed out and going to Wells Fargo they have two facilities near where i live one on the way to work even. Adios Cap one and your *** attitude. RUN AWAY!
Loss:
Cons:
  • These people are not even a real bank

WE HIT A SNAG

I am so tired of seeing, "Oops, we hit a snag," pop up when I try to log in to Capital One's website. The latest, I am able to get in, but when I try to make an online deposit, I see, "Oops, we hit a snag." When I notify Capital One they have a problem, all I get, we don't have a problem.

I am so tired of this....Now, if I want to complain here I have to have at least 100 words. What the *** is this? What if I don't have a 100 words to say, I can't complain? You people need some desperate customer service training, you are committing corporate suicide.

You don't care about mine or anyone else's problems. Only thing you care about is how many dumb people you can con.

Your counter on words is off, I'm over 100 and it only says 100 right now. I know this won't change anything, but you people need to get into the 21st century and get a website that actually works.

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Guest

Capital one should probably hie a different web developer -- the "Hit a snag" popup problem coukd be fixed in 30 minutes (including testing" and should not take 4 TEARS -- it is still there!! If Capital One WANTS MORE information, the popup should say so instead of the VAGUE statement of "SNAG". If it is a sensitive matter some agent should take it up and call the customer CAPITAL ONE SHOUDL LIVE UP TO THEIR ADVERTISEMENTS

Guest

It's time to ditch this bank. A few weeks ago, I had to file a claim for hundreds of dollars of fraudulent charges.

And just a few days ago I couldn't withdraw cash from their ATM machines because they were all down for hours.

And today I'm receiving an "Oops, we've hit a snag!" error message while trying to add an external bank account for transferring funds. Time to find a bank that doesn't have so many "snags."

Guest

And just a few days ago I couldn't withdraw cash from their ATM machine because were all down for hours.

Yep, happens EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Guest

True, I have been dealing with this for a few months now. I have been trying to add an account and keep getting the snag error and the application just loops.

Apparently its an issue and there is no work around. This just tells me to look elsewhere...

Guest

I have had a total control checking account with capital one and was trying to open a new 360 account for months and this oops, we've hit a snag thing always pop up whether in browsers or apps. I resubmit the application times and times and not going to proceed then I decided to type in some random info and you know what, it got through and proceed to the verify your identity page! WTF is that supposed to mean, they literally blocked me from opening a new account but I have no problem at using my current account so I have no idea what this mess of shxt is against me

Guest

I might as well take my money out because I can't set up their Zelle it always says we hit a snag.

Guest

I just tried logging in, and all it said was the damn “oops we’ve got a snag” what is that all about!!! I have to double check my transactions to make sure it matches with my spendings because there’s a discrepancy Amazon keeps charging me.

Capital one needs to step up there technological issues or their costumers are going to look for another bank to make business with! This is becoming a habit, I am not feeding my money to this craziness.

Guest

WOW seems like this problem has never been resolved. Spent (2) days on phone with capital one.

Only way to view account is on iphone with no connection to internet. Absolutely cannot get past "hitting a snag" on my laptop or ipad. Not a good way to conduct business on Capital one's part. Cap One tried to blame my internet company--not true.

Tech support with internet company proved it a Cap One issue. Guess I'm shopping for a new credit card company today.

Guest

If you guys want to use this bank, you much be following this Log in same PC, same mobile device Don’t change your new phone like me

View more comments (100)
Douglas M Nyr

| map-marker West Bloomfield Township, Michigan

Sided with another Corp on a Complaint

I complained about McAfee, and they issued a provisional credit, then believed McAfee story that I was using their product that I purchased but never was I able to use it because it would load right and of poor customer service, no customer calls returned, on and on. Even after my partner wrote on his company letterhead and showed and invoice for going back with Norton, they Sided with McAfee thinking I bought and used the product I purchased for $226.18 shame on them for doubting their customers. None of these corporations care about anything but our money.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Nothing right now but disappointment

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I would shop other Institutions first!

Lindsay O Pii

Capital One Failed Me

Capital one 360 closed three of my checking accounts and savings accounts without warning. I was told they conducted an internal review of my accounts and decided to end the banking relationship without any cause given.

I spoke to several representatives who also informed me that I would not be able to withdraw my funds until the investigation - of which i do not know what they are investigating - was completed. I was given no warning, no indication that I had done anything to warrant this issue. All the while, I have no cash on hand. Without access to my funds, I am unable to care for myself.

I also do not have the ability to purchase any food, and have no other financial support. If this is not resolved immediately, I will seek further legal action; capital one is preventing me from being able to have health and safety and will not provide me with adequate documentation or resolve of this issue.

map-marker Largo, Florida

Capital one fails to help their consumer!!!

After going through a divorce and some serious hardships I tried to use Capital One, I had them for 3 years, I was late twice because of unforeseen circumstances but they did not want to hear that, they were rude and finally only after 3 years did they increase my unsecured amount,,for 3 years they only gave me a $300 limit as the were supposed to raise it after first 6 timely payments, omg never again, please do yourself a favor and run from them, youve been warned, Seriously Im just trying to help

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Diana C Ilg

| map-marker Yuba City, California

Deposits not available until a 24 hour business day hold

No matter the amount of your deposit or a deposit from an account you have used several times Capital One 360 holds your deposit for 24 hours (business day). If you deposit a check on the weekend for as little as $100 they will not release your funds until they hold the check for 24 hours.

I have made several deposits with this bank with no deposits being denied. It seems odd to me that a deposit for $300 or less from an account used several times would require a 24 hour hold (business day). If you make a deposit on Saturday the funds are not available until Tuesday of the following week.

I just talked to a supervisor who repeatedly said "Thanks for sharing" really?! Very passive/aggressive.

Preferred solution: Deposit small amounts without a hassle.

User's recommendation: Think twice>

Guest

That 24 hold is an industry wide standard. I’m surprised with an online account it is not longer.

Michael G Lmn

Verified Reviewer

Will not deposit checks online

On numerous occasion I have been rejected doing online deposit because my name is not exactly like my account name. ie: no middle initial no jr or Sr. This is ridiculous. Why would I access my account online then try and deposit a check that is fraud. Im done with capital one, dont want my money will find somewhere else to do my banking.
Pros:
  • Funds in one place
Cons:
  • Closing my good standing account for no reason and immediately

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not bank with capital one

Jessica B Ehb
map-marker Alpharetta, Georgia

Billing error

Updated by user Feb 05, 2022

My issue is unresolved!

Original review Feb 05, 2022
I submitted a dispute with Capital One. They advised me my request was denied because the merchant submitted a a copy of their terms on a cancelation policy.

I was overcharged with excessive fees that were not disclosed by the merchant upon the point of sale. The law in my state requires the fees be visible upon renting/reserving vehicles. The copy of said terms provided by the merchant show I did not sign the disclosure as the customer signature field is blank. Capital One has been provided evidence proving my case.

Their customer service is terrible. I never said I canceled the reservation in the first place. They are firmly closing my dispute siding with the merchant because they were provided a copy of terms that were not signed by me, and in regards to a policy that I never said was the actual issue. This makes no sense.

I have called them numerous times and no one is helping. I am afraid to even give my credit card number online anymore because of their lack of support.

What happened to supporting the customer when transactions are done on the internet? Capital One supports fraudulent merchants is the experience I have had so far.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Convience
Cons:
  • No solution to my problem after speaking with several managers

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Carla D Kpf
map-marker Buffalo, New York

Check Deposit

I called for information. The customer service representative couldn't speak or understand English very well. Because of this he had no idea what I wanted help with and kept trying to ask questions about nothing that was relavant to my needs. Perhaps hire competent individuals who speak better english.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Furmeka H

Paid my vehicle off 3 years earlier and the experience I’ve had was very unpleasant and disturbing!!!

I have a auto loan through Capital one 360. Ive never had an issue with this company before until now.

At First I was a very satisfied customer always paid EARLY and ON TIME, NEVER been late. On March 23, 2021 I decided to PAY OFF my vehicle 3 years and 5 months early. I called CO and was given my 10 day PAY OFF amount from a Rep. Then PAID IN FULL my remaining balance.

My TITLE was mailed to me, I was pleased to see my ACCOUNT PAID SATISFACTORY at 0.00 owed! Last month I get a notification on my account of a dollar amount and I was like okay maybe this is a discrepancy on theyre behalf and it will go back to being zeroed out. NOPE it went into a PAST DUE 39 DAYS PAST DUE amount. So I then called about this matter.

Ive been placed on hold several times and all they see is my account has been paid off NOBODY know where are the recurring charges from. On June 28, 2021 Spoke with a Rep name Robert ID # RPP. States will send a letter to confirm payments. 07/02/2021 Spoke with Christian #ID CGH.

Shes confused continuously places me on hold comes back states Account is showing a multi-date will fix in 48 hours. I was Transferred to Escalating Specialists Cedrick ID #CJS States, Im not sure why youre having this issue with your account, Ill get these charges WAIVED for you in 3-5 business days. Ced tells me to Ask for him if Im still showing this Account past due. Unfortunately nothing was waived still showing my Acct 30 plus days past due.

5 days passed, Calls back like I was asked too, they wouldnt transfer me to Ced. I even asked if they can listen to previous recorded calls. They did say he left a note in there about waving the charges. Spoke with Fred ID #JNC he attempted to email Ced about the last conversation Ive had with him.

No response, states he didnt get any feed back from him. And he will call me back on Friday July 16th. He kept is word and called back but with no resolution to my account. He stated Im going to work with management on what to do next.

Havent heard from back from anyone. Today July 21, 2021 I called to speak with member of management but they wouldnt transfer me to anyone but the Reps. Spoke with Rose ID#RRH. Asked her to transfer me to manager she transferred me to Customer Advocacy Team.

I asked him to let me speak with higher up Dept. states he dont have the phone number for them. Im very DISTURBED and fed up with the INCONSISTENCY of this matter, REPS and the COMPANY! I will NOT ever REFER, APPLY or ACCEPT ANYTHING DEALING with CAPITAL ONE AUTO, CREDIT CARDS, HOME LOANS or BANK ACCOUNT.

If y'all desperately needed to open a random PAID IN FULL closed account up to try an receive addl funds from a satisfactory paid customer, JUST SAY THAT! If I owed anything on my Account it should've been added into the 10 day pay off amount. On my behalf I've taking the proper steps to get my PAY OFF amount.

This is a disloyal, greedy, untrustworthy company and if you don't pay attention they will try to RIP you off! God bless you all!

Loss:
Cons:
  • No solution to my problem after speaking with several managers

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Don’t apply for a car loan here. Customer service can’t seem to assist with anything!

LATASHA J Gtp

PISSED

I called capital one to report that I had been scammed out of $342. I explained to them that the people that called said they were from Verizon and said that I was actually owed money but they said they would have to send it to me through Zelle or one of the other kind of apps. But these people connected to my computer and they went into my Capital One account and took, actually stole, my $342. I explained to Capital One that the only reason why I had even called the company was because they said they were going charge my account. But Capital One will not refund the money. They said that it's my fault and they can't refund me. That's pure *** . they
Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenience
  • Funds in one place
  • Conveince of having online banking
Cons:
  • Understanding
  • Poor service regarding scams
  • Poor investigation services

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I suggest to not open a checking account with them.

erika h Ccu

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Restricted account and not receiving my close out check

Capital One 360 - Restricted account and not receiving my close out check
My bank account was negative for four weeks after never having any problems in the past. My employer did not do my direct deposit on time so they closed my account the day before my stimulus check was scheduled to hit. I get its their right that is not my issue. When I finally was able to get my direct deposit I tried to access it and was denied. I then called learned about the restriction and was promised my check with four to six business days because I paid for it to be expedited. Fast forward ten days seven business days and I am without check. I call them they have not even begun to close my account but instead they accept two mote direct deposits now they have ten thousand of my dollars with me unable to access. Im losing my apartment , my credit has disintegrated and I was told I would have to wait another ten business days. Unacceptable. Perhaps they shouldnt freeze so many accounts at once if their closure department is unable to keep up as is what was explained to me. I waited on hold for three hours yesterday before I was hung up on

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use this bank

Guest

So, you didn’t get a paper check in lieu of a direct deposit? If you got a paper check, why didn’t you deposit it?

They have an app you know. Why were you spending money you didn’t have? Listen, you’re full of it. Pro Tip: Your account can only go negative if YOU spend more than you have.

This is on you.

Stop the whining. Of say it “you work for them”

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1976811

I never said anything about why they closed it. They were within their rights.

My complaint is that they accepted two more direct deposits and they told me they would expedite my account close out check because I paid them to do that. And when the date that it should have arrived occurred I went back into the site to check if they had closed the account and sent the check as promised. Which they hadn’t. I was then told even though I paid them for expediting the process it was going to be another ten biz days.

Perhaps you should take a moment to take a step off of your righteous soapbox and reread.

No where did I have issues with their ability and right to close the account. My issues were with being told one thing abc paying for it to happen and then not getting it and having to wait another ten business days

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1976949

“ My bank account was negative for four weeks ” LOL. What did you think a bank would do to a serial deadbeat with an account status like this?

Again, you’re full of it. If your account wasn’t negative for a month. It may not have been closed. People like you enjoy whining and using phrases like “soapbox” and so on.

Listen, post in a public message board, expect the public to respond even if the comment is soothing or supports your banal and lame narrative.

Thanks for the warning. If you keep your account negative forever and a day, it will be closed at the worst time.

View more comments (2)
Kathy D Hnb

Can not get any help

I've never seen a bank with no customer service or email or any way to contact them after hours. My direct deposit is missing. I shouldn't have to wait to find out what happened.
Loss:
Cons:
  • No follow up
  • Website
  • Customer service terrible

Preferred solution: My direct deposit

User's recommendation: Find a different online bank

map-marker Flushing, New York

Horrible, stay far far away!!

Deposited a check into my 360, they say it was cleared and emailed me to destroy the check. Now a few days later it says funds not available for withdrawal, please call us....Shows my money is in there but won't let me withdrawal it, the check I cashed was a business check from Bank of America as well, called 8 times for over 45 minutes a piece said they needed to call who wrote the check out ....Ok...They called and funds still not available even though it shows an available balance. Going to call the Connecticut Department of Banking and my Attorney General. Stay the F far away from this company awel these StDta

User's recommendation: Stay far away unless you want your money stolen

Mr A

Capital one keeps making excuses and time delays ion releasing my money back to me

Monday i spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone trying to verify my Bank acct to transfer money to from them - they sid there was a problem and then would have to make 2 more small deposit in my Bank acct to verify that would take 2-3 business days - deposits came in today they sent 4 and i had to spent another 15 minutes on the phone getting this straightened out - NOW they say it will take additionalON'T BANK WITHddoDd 3 days transfer transfer

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Mzz Mimi

Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices

Capital One 360 - Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices
Capital One 360 - Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices - Image 2
Capital One 360 - Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices - Image 3
Capital One 360 - Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices - Image 4

Your Mechanic is a mobile service and install new brake pads on top of a warped rotor. Their mechanics are incompetent scammers. If you put new brake pads are put onto a vehicle with damaged rotors, the pad will not properly contact the rotor surface which will reduce the vehicle's stopping ability. Deep grooves that have developed in a worn rotor will act as a hole-puncher or shredder and damage the pad material as it is pressed against the rotor. Your Mechanic installs new brake pads on top of a warped rotor and my brakes made loud noises too. You can hear me coming down the street.

I discovered from professional and honest mechanics who have shops, that you may not have to replace rotors.

Brake rotors must meet a certain thickness requirement to be considered safe. If they are thinner than the manufacturer's recommended thickness, then you need to replace your brake rotors immediately. Some vehicles always require new pads and rotors because the rotors cannot be resurfaced. Therefore, Your Mechanic is a mobile mechanic they do not have a shop to resurface the rotors or shaved the brake pads, Your Mechanic should have put new rotors on my car.

Capital One bank favored Your Mechanic because they both are members under Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB is not a government organization however a business organization, and they get paid by business like Capital One and Your Mechanic to give them high ratings. The Better Business Bureau has been under investigation about their ratings according to CNN Money investigation report. BBB is giving both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic A+ ratings for membership fees. Both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic has a lot of negative reviews and complaints covered by BBB. However, a report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior.

The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year. Capital One bank is protecting Your Mechanic reputation to hide the scam of customers for $158.77 for poor and incompetent brake jobs.

The Better Business Bureau President McFarland emailed me that Your Mechanic is going to return my money by July 31, 2020. Your Mechanic never did because the Better Business Bureau is a business organization, not a government organization. Will BBB still give Your Mechanic high ratings? Will BBB still take money from Your Mechanic? Yes, which means Better Business Bureau does not care about the customers they only care about their pockets, corruption. Do not trust BBB ratings!

What I discovered about Capital one bank as I am a customer on August 17, 2020, they have a class-action lawsuit against which I am apart. Capital one bank breached its contract with account holders and improperly assessed and collected fees when account holders used a non-Capital One ATM to check an account balance. United States District Court for the Southern District of California, located at 333 West Broadway, Suite 420, San Diego, CA 92101. This is the kind of bank I dealt with to resolve my claims with Your Mechanic, a scam mobile mechanic ? Too much corruption with banks and businesses in America. Consumers beware!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Very
  • System is bad
  • Horrible poor inconvenient on-line dispute process

Preferred solution: Money/funds return and out of their bank

User's recommendation: Capital one bank corruption

About